Episode 46 - Splitty Yarn





Hello and welcome to this weeks episode of the podcast.

If you are on Ravelry and looking for me there I am knittynatterzena and I am on Twitter and Plurk and also Instagram as knittynatter

There is a group on ravelry knittynatter-podcast and it would be great if you came and joined.  Every month there is a finished projects thread and one random generated winner gets their choice of either a pattern on ravelry up to the value of $7 or a set of my hand made stitch markers and you can go over to the etsy store knittynatter to choice a set from there.

Chatter
I took last week off as life happened .. thank you for all of the well wishes.  and my knitting time has been restricted for various reasons so I don't feel like I have a lot to show for two weeks !

LOL
The Trillian is finished which is for the Bhemalong with Wolfe Farms and LemKnitCrochet podcasts.
This is a paid for pattern on Ravelry and I used some sadly discontinued yarn from At Knits End Yarns in the Moondance with Ewe colourway on 3.25mm needles.  I thoroughly enjoyed knitting this pattern and love the colours.

Nattering away
I made some progress on the In the Pink by Izzyknits which is a free pattern on Ravelry.  I am using Schoppel Wolle Zauberball in the Denim colourway and will do the large shawl as I have two balls of this yarn.  I am using size 4.00mm needles and have finished the centre medallion and am close to finishing the first side wedge.  The instructions are all written so this is not a portable project!

I have also been working on the baby jacket which was in issue 107 of Simply Knitting,  it is a jacket with fair isle foxes on and is knit in pieces from the bottom up.  Back and one side is done. Rowan dk yarn and needles 3.25mm and 4.00mm

I also started some vanilla socks for travel knitting and these will follow my usual 60 stitch on 2.25mm needles and probably an afterthought heel.

I aslo did two edging repeats on the evenstar-shawl but there is so much more to do!!

No spinning for tongue twister

Whispering to me / Speech Therapy
Drizzle by Mel Ski from the Single Handed Knits Podcast and I went and bought the yarn I talked about last time which is Rowan baby merino silk in a beautiful heathered blue / grey colour.

I hope you all have a fantastic week and I will see you soon

Bye now :)

Comments

  1. I am amazed every time you show the Evenstar that you committed to making it! It's so beautiful, but I don't know if I could take on such a large project! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts