Episode 43 - Hat Ahoy!




Hello and welcome to this weeks episode of the podcast.

If you are on Ravelry and looking for me there I am knittynatterzena and I am on Twitter and Plurk as knittynatter

There is a group on ravelry knittynatter-podcast and it would be great if you came and joined.  Every month there is a finished projects thread and one random generated winner gets their choice of either a pattern on ravelry up to the value of $7 or a set of my hand made stitch markers and you can go over to the etsy store knittynatter to choice a set from there.

LOL
The new pattern from Mel Ski the old man and the sea which was very kindly given to me by Mel.  I wanted to use stash and have some discontinued Patons Washed Haze in a lovely green colour.  This is a DK weight yarn and having checked my gauge I knit the smallest size which is written for 32" but has worked out to be correct for me with the DK yarn.  Needles used were 4.00mm and 4.5mm needles.

Nattering Away
I am so close with the Summery Sweet Socks which are vanilla socks on a 2.25mm needles and 60 stitches around.  The yarn is Opal Sweet and Spicy sock yarn and I have a couple of rows of the cuff left before I can bid off

I also did a little bit of work on the spring shoots sock by Alice Yu out of the Socktopus Book.  Working my way up the leg on the first sock and half way through the cuff. Yarn is the Boardwalk Roses from highlandhandmades sugar maple sock base.

Some more progress on the the lady edith by the sadly missed Karrie Steinmetz (knitpurlgurl) and this will be a KAL with the knittingden podcast for May in memory of Karrie.  This pattern was very kindly given to me as a gift on a RAP Tuesday by Keli who is SheepDreamery of the Sheepdreamery Podcast and she also dyes beautiful yarn which you can find in her etsy store.
I am using araucania Botany lace out of my stash which is 450 yards of fingering weight and 4.00mm needle.

Tongue Twister
I have finished the 100% south American Fibre from Butterfly bush yarns in the Robot colourway.  2 ply finished yarn with a total of 3018 yard which is my best yardage yet :)

That's all for this week's update, so I hope you have a fantastic week and I will see you soon, bye now.

Comments

Popular Posts