Episode 25 - Sew Much Fun




Hello and Welcome
I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and Holiday I have lots to talk to you about this week ... Firstly I have my Make Tea not War T-shirt on again as unfortunately there is another brief plea to be and play nice.

Laughing out Loud -

Tony the Toy Box Monster - out of GnomeAcre Worsted Under the Tree, on 4.00mm needles (I'm not linking the shop as I know she is moving it over New Year)

Cycle Race Beanie - out of various 4 ply baby wool on 3.5mm needles.  This was frogged and reknit as I was not entirely happy with the stranding and I think that it is much better second time around.

Manly Aran Socks - out of Regia sock yarn on 2.25mm and 2.5mm needles - a Christmas gift that was finished just in time and have been worn ever since

For Good Hat - out of Rowan Creative Focus Worsted on 3.75mm needles, size medium.

And there is also a project bag that I made (first attempt)

Nattering Away -

Friday Slippers - out of some far too chunky wool and I have no idea what needles I ended up using.  Going to continue on ...

bff-cowl - out of Fyberspates Scrumptious Aran in the Teal Blue colourway on 4.5mm needles

toothless the dragon in Paton Fab DK in a dark grey colour.  on 4.00mm needles - DPNs none the less!!

Crochet Ripple Blanket out of Sirdar snuggly DK in various colours and with a 5.00mm wooden crochet hook.

Whispering to Me -

Another For Good Hat for a friend and also some vanilla socks in twisted limone - Fireworks colourway which will be my NYE case on - I may try and use my 2.25mm wooden DPNs inline with my plans to try something new / different in 2013.
Also a numer of sweaters up an coming (I want to knit at least 3 for me in 2013) and I am trying to decide on yarns so if you have any opinions on Cascade 220 Heathers or Knit Picks Wool of the Andes worsted or any other recommendations, please let me know.

Plans for 2013 include to buy yarn with a specific project in mind and also to by from new to me indie dyers.  The first I have lined up for January is Highland Handmades.

I also want to try other different things so I may well be doing more sewing, more crochet, get back to spinning, tatting and cross stitch.

Have a fantastic New Year and I will see you soon.

Bye Now :)

Comments

Popular Posts