Episode 21 - Natterings on Parade!




Hi there and welcome and thanks for joining me on this latest episode

Busy couple of weeks as usual and there maybe a humming in the background as my Christmas Cake was merrily baking away while I recorded today :)

Prize drawing for October share you LOLs

Also contact muffinmegnme if you are interested in helping out the victims of Hurricane Sandy

Laughing Out Loud

Pink mitts out of BFL handspun in the Tinkerbell colourway, these were a simple 36 stch around with a purl row every 5 to add a bit of detail.

Also two hats complete for SillyFru.

Nattering Away

I am in the Toe Up party for Sock the Vote and so my Toe'd party socks are the sottopassaggio pattern out of SpacecadetCreations Aurora base in the sock the vote toe up party colourway. This is the first time I have cabled without a separate cable needle.  Using 3.25mm needles :).  Sock one is done and just the 15 row cuff to do on sock 2 to complete before the end of the KAL which is 5th November. 

Cast on some socks for the other half in Regia Sock Yarn - the manly-aran-socks

Picked up the vitamin-d cardigan again and have progressed quite well completing both sleeves and not working on the second set of short row shaping and side increases.  This is out of Rowan Panama yarn on 3.5mm needles.

I have also cast on 3 more sweaters which are all Christmas presents - admittedly two are for children but they do have colourwork in them.

The first of the new cast ons is a snowflake sweater out of a Patons DK book I have had for 3 - 4 years.  I am using Patons merino DK yarn and 4.00mm needles.

The second and third newly cast on sweaters are the same sweater afmli---20-year-anniversary-sweater and I am knitting one boy and one girl one in Rowan pure wool DK, the pattern is written for Aran weight yarn and so I did need to swatch and do some maths but it all worked out well in the end.

Speech Therapy

As well as the Rowan Yarns purchased for the two colourwork sweaters I got some Under the Tree from the awesome GnomeAcres in both worsted and fingering weight.

I was lucky enough to win a project bag from the Travelling Sock Knitter Podcast and also I was Very Kindly gifted a pattern toothless by the awesome beaglemomknitter as part of knitpurlgurl's RAP Tuesdays.

I'm off to check on the cake and knit some more sweaters :)

Have a great couple of weeks and I'll see you soon

Bye for now :)

Comments

Popular Posts