Tempted by the Dark Side

For months, nay years, I resisted it but I have realised that was a futile attempt at preserving as much time as I possibly could for my knitting.

I have to admit it ... I have been tempted and have taken that first bite of the apple that is known as spinning.  I should probably here be saying that it was a mistake but I fear I can not.  It is fantastic.

I purchased a spindle starter kit and watched a few instructional videos on You Tube and was away.

I have created a masterpiece! 75 yards of loveliness ..  I have no idea what weight or WPI ... but who cares? I have created my very own yarn and am very proud if it.  Its pretty balanced (I gather that is good) now that it has been soaked and dried and as I sit here it is hanging majestically in my eye line and it fills me with"glad".

Of course in my usual obsessive manner I have now already picked out the spinning wheel that I SHALL have (Ladybug if you were wondering) and have signed up for a UK based fibre club.  I have plans to make a hand spun shawl from all natural coloured fibres and spend hours coveting all the beautiful fibres on the various indie dyer shops I find myself clicking on.

The joy of discovering a new passion and developing a new skill is wonderful and I am so glad that I was tempted to try it.

The only bad thing is that I have less time for knitting ......

Comments

Popular Posts